Road to IVF

Some of you may be asking, WTF is IVF?
IVF is an abbreviation for In Vitro Fertilization. My ovaries will be stimulated to produce as many eggs as possible; those eggs are then retrieved. The same day as the egg retrieval my husband will give a semen sample, which will then be cleaned and the best of the best sperm will be chosen. Using a tiny needle, one sperm is inserted into each egg. The eggs are now embryo's and will be watched for 5 days. During the 5 days, some of the embryos may die, while others will thrive and get graded. They will then insert 1, 2 being the most right unto my uterus, and we will pray one sticks!
*Please note, this is a very scientific process, and I am definitely not a doctor, so I could have some of this process incorrect. This is my understanding from multiple doctor visits


I had my first "Road to IVF appointment last Friday.

At this appointment I had a fluid ultrasound done. This was done to check my uterine lining. Unfortunately she found another polyp (skin growth), and it will need removed. Luckily, this is a simple process and they will perform this procedure in the office. I also had some blood work done to check my thyroid, and Vitamin D levels. Before I left, I put our deposit down to get on the list for a November Transfer, and was assigned the nurse who will be with us for the entire process. It is such a relief to know that we will see the same nurse every time, but that is also what I love so much about the Sher Institute, they have a personal relationship with everyone who walks in the door.

Wednesday we will meet our nurse and she will go over our schedule and medications.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bed rest

Welcome

Make yourself comfy and grab a box of tissues, you're gonna need it...