IVF-ing Transfer Day!

Well Tuesday was the big day!

As expected, I was up at 5:30 in the morning, because you know, excitement or nerves I guess. At 10 am I went to my acupuncture appointment. I have been so grateful for those appointments. I don't know if it has had any effect on my insides, but it definitely put my mind at ease. I am very much an over thinker, but I have been able to let things go a little easier and not freak out about every little thing that comes my way. Some people so acupuncture is just a placebo effect, but I think I'm a believer.
After my appointment, I came home and made the office a Hummingbird cake. It helped take my mind off everything that was about to happen.

My appointment was at 2:30. It seemed to be a quiet day at the office and they took me back right away. Everyone was very excited about the cake, and they all absolutely loved out shirts I had made. (Pictures to come later)
So we went back to the bay and I was given a volume and put on a very stylish gown. Jason was able to go in with me this time, so he was also given a gown. I guess they don't really have them in his size.
This man is so ready to be a dad!

Ready to go Back!
 Dr. Zarek then came in and explained everything that was about to happen. Long story short, they take a catheter with the embryo in it and insert it up into my uterus guided by ultrasound.
The Little Embryo that Could
 The whole procedure was a little painful, mainly because they had to fill my bladder to move everything into the right position. She said everything went really well, so they wheeled me back to by bay and I had to lay still for about 20 minutes and we were ready to go!
 The rest of they day I just laid around the house and took it easy. Jason went out and got me some soup from Bread Co. and then I fell asleep on the couch. I made sure to take yesterday and today off work so I could take it easy and not stress at all. I have had a hard time sitting still though. Isn't it crazy how when you have stuff to do and you don't want to do it, it is just so easy to lay around and do nothing, but then you are supposed to just lay around and do nothing, all you can think about it doing stuff.

So the next steps are getting blood tests next week, which will tell me whether or not I am pregnant. I haven't decided whether or not I am going to post the results on here, but if I do, I won't be sharing it to Facebook.

That's all for now! Thank you again for the prayers!

Comments

  1. Thinking of you every step of the way! You are so strong and your little family is just the cutest. Love your shirts too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bed rest

Transfer

Make yourself comfy and grab a box of tissues, you're gonna need it...