Home Stretch

I feel like we have entered the home stretch! We have a little over a week until egg retrieval, and 2 weeks until our transfer!

Last night, I began taking Gonal F, which is an FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). This is what will help grow multiple eggs. There are a few steps when it comes to taking this shot. Much like the Cetrotide I have been taking for a week now, it comes in a powder form and I have to add Saline to it, and then inject it into my belly. So now I am up to 2 shots a day. Side effects so far have included fatigue, headaches, and hot flashes.

I have been surprised with my stress level throughout this. So far my stress level has been very low. I mean, I had an anxiety attack the day we went to the doctor just to talk to her about starting the process. All the pills and shots have just become part of my day, my new normal. I may be singing a different song as I get closer to egg retrieval next week, but hopefully not. I really think the Acupuncture has helped relieve the stress, so I am going to try to get in two more sessions.

Not much else to report for now. Menopur starts tomorrow, another FSH injection.


Also, you can subscribe to my blog! Enter your-mail on the side, and you will be notified when i make a new post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bed rest

So Close!

Make yourself comfy and grab a box of tissues, you're gonna need it...