Egg Retrieval Day

Saturday night at 10:30, we pulled the trigger! Luckily, we were down at our good friends Meg and Mark's house and Meg did a little photo shoot!

It hurt, and Jason was not a big fan of sticking me with a needle


Basically that means I took my trigger shot to mature the eggs the rest of the way, this also induces ovulation approximately 40 hours later, which is why my egg retrieval was scheduled this morning at 10 am. They get in there and drain the follicles to get the eggs right before the eggs are ready to release.

This morning I woke up with some cramping, but that is from the trigger shot.
Everyone at the office loved my Socks and Shirt!


 We had to be at the office at 9 am to get prepped and then they took me back to the OR. They didn't put me all the way under, and I could feel EVERYTHING! The anesthesiologist get having to tell me to take deep breaths because apparently I wasn't breathing very well. She said she ended up giving me 3 times the amount of meds they usually do. I remember moaning in pain most of the time, and by the end, I was straight up crying. When it was over they took me back to my little room and I couldn't stop crying for a good two minutes. Dr. Zarek came in and told me she got six good eggs, which was one more than they thought they were going to get. She said they were all mature and good looking, so hopefully we will get at least 4 healthy embryos out of them.

Jason had to do his part today e.i masturbating in a cup (lucky), so they could clean it and get the very best sperm to fertilize the eggs. To fertilize the eggs they actually take one sperm and inject it directly into each egg. By Wednesday I will get an update on how my little embabies are doing.

Recovery has been okay today. I've spend most of the day on the couch and I am still in a lot of pain. The heating pad has been my best friend. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and kind words through this process. It really helped ease my nerves knowing I have so much support out there. XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bed rest

So Close!

Make yourself comfy and grab a box of tissues, you're gonna need it...