Moving Right Along

This past week, wasn't nearly as overwhelming as I'd thought. I began taking Lupron injections on the 19th. Lupron is a medication taken in shot form to prevent an early LH Surge, or Ovulation. One of the main side effects of this are headaches, and boy did I have some! Sunday through Tuesday was one long headache that did not seem to want to go away. Other than that, other side effects included being exhausted after work everyday and the occasional hot flash. Also last week I began going to Acupuncture. I am not sure if it is helping, but I am all for anything that will increase my chances!

Today I had to go into the office for a Baseline Ultrasound and more blood work. In this Ultrasound, Dr. Zarek was checking to make sure the uterine lining is looking good and that there are no cysts growing in my ovaries. Everything looked great and we are on the right track!

I am really starting to get more and more excited about all this. For me, that was a hard obstacle to overcome. IVF was always a last resort in trying to get pregnant. When I found out this was going to be the way to go, I felt broken and like a failure. As a woman, we are given this amazing ability to literally grow a person inside us, and when you don't have that ability, it is just so hard to deal with. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I know now that I am not a failure and I am so fortunate to be able to go through this process. I have been very lucky in love, work, and friendship, and this is my test in life. I have to remember to stay positive and keep being excited about every single step, because that is probably the only thing that is going to get me through this, while at the same time, trying to not get my hopes up so high. Every step is another check mark on our IVF To-Do list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bed rest

Welcome

Make yourself comfy and grab a box of tissues, you're gonna need it...